Friday, October 7, 2011

Thoughts on being vulnerable.

Brainstorming here...so please don't mind the sparatic post. Afterall...these are the thoughts coming out of my head. :)

Vulnerable. Being Vulnerable. Scary to think about, but SO important to overcome this fear for the sake of any meaningful relationship.

For years I didn't allow this to happen. Not even an ounce of vulnerability would show through my skin. When I think back...this started when I went through that bout of depression back in college. It was a rough time back then and it scared me to death and I was determined to never let myself get to that state again.

but you know what? it lead to some crappy stuff. not feeling, no emotions, no deep relationships...you get the picture?

So over the past several months I have been working on this fear of mine. This fear of being vulnerable. I know where it came from, so that is a start. Past experiences, past issues, bad counseling, not living my truth.

things I have put into play to make this happen. things that are allowing me to be more vulnerable.

Opening up - in all aspects of my life. have nothing to hide. "you know more you love more"

Living my Truth - Exactly what it means. No hiding. Living as the person I was created to be.

Acknowledging my feelings - always. always. always.

Letting go of the fear - pushing myself to let it go.

Trusting - in people. that they will love me more because of my truth.

Quantity vs. Quality - misery loves company...right? 'cleaning house' and focusing on the quality of people. Being around people who encourage me. see the best in me. who love me.

No comments: