Thursday, October 6, 2011

Goal Update!

Periodically I want to jot down the status of my goals for the month. Keep it in the forefront of my mind (not that it isn't already, but you know what I mean).

Original Goal #1: Blog everyday for 30 days.

Status - Still going strong. Feels good to get my thoughts out and like I have said before...a way for me to reflect. I like it.

Original Goal #2 - Sign up for a membership at a local yoga place.

Status - This one has changed a bit... instead of yoga I have signed up with a personal trainer. Wish me luck... I think I just made getting in shape a little more painful.

Original Goal #3 - Volunteer somewhere.

Status - Still haven't volunteered anywhere, but I am looking not just to volunteer once. I am looking to make this a commitment going forward. I want to find a place where my skills can be utilized. More to come on this...

New Goal #4 - Every time I have samuel...we do something active.

Status - So far so good. Not that we haven't done active stuff in the past. To be honest... I am a pretty active dad. Always on the go..to the park, museum, zoo, putt putt, etc. But I want it to be a little more than that. I want to do at least one physically active thing with samuel every time I have him. I think it is important for him and it is probably even more important for me. Yesterday instead of driving to whole foods samuel and I justed walked. Well..I walked...samuel was on his scooter. :)

I have also decided that this will be something I do at the beginning of every month. Set a few goals for myself. Doesn't have to be anything crazy or difficult. Just some things that will impact the quality of my life.

No comments: