Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quality vs. Quantity

I have been focusing on this the past couple of days. Quality vs. Quantity. What does that even mean really?

So you have the quantity part...
More Friends
More Money
More Time
you get the picture...

Seems like for years these are the things I have been talking about...have been wanting. If I could just have more friends that lived closer. If I could just have a little more money to do the things I want. If I could just have a little more time so the weekends could be longer. More, more, more.

The quantity of it all.

It is so exhausting to think about...to write about. I can't do that anymore. Wears me out just thinking about it.

I have started focusing on the quality. The close friends I do have (in dallas and away)...cultivate those and make them deeper (side note..I have been using the word 'deeper' a lot lately...i like it). The money I do have...use it wisely and for necessity. I have plenty to cover my needs. The time I do have...make it count to the very last second (whether I am spending time focusing on me or spending time with others).

Since I came out several years ago I have been so focused on quantity that I have ignored the quality. Looking forward to focusing on the quality so much more.

1 comment:

hello jamie: said...

I completely agree. too much stuff makes your home seem cluttered. too many people to make time for leaves the visits too short. too many activities mean no time for yourself. all of these things create so much stress and leave you unfulfilled.

this weekend I cleaned out my closet and gave away SIX GARBAGE BAGS of clothes. I still have PLENTY and my room (and I) feel lighter and clearer. it may be shallow to talk about clothes here but now everything in my closet-- I like, and fits me. quality over quantity. I'd like to do that with the rest of my life.