Saturday, October 8, 2011

Just Breathe.

I was thinking this morning as I was bringing samuel to his soccer game of all of the self soothing things I am able to do...for a number of reasons.

When I get overwelmed...one of the things I sometimes forget to do is breathe. To just simply breathe. Knowing now...that focusing on this one thing when I get anxious or nervous can make a HUGE impact in how I can handle any situation.

I realized something in the car this morning that I thought was pretty funny and immediatly jotted it down because I wanted to blog about it... That when I get anxious and I remind myself to breath...that ever.single.time I do it... a part of the movie Ever After with drew barrymore appears in my mind.

Check it out here...

Ever After: Trailer

If you haven't seen the movie or if you do not want to watch the entire thing, just skip to around 1:32. She is walking into the ball and reminds herself to 'breathe, just breathe'.

I am not kidding when I say that everytime that I remind myself to breathe that this part of the movie comes to mind.

Made me laugh out loud a bit when I actually thought about it. but hey..whatever works...right?

No comments: