Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What I know for sure

There are a lot of things I know for sure.

- I know I am a good dad. Even though I worry about this a lot.
- I know I am good at my job.
- I know that all my years of ex-gay counseling caused huge issues in my life.
- I know that going to counseling has enabled me to work through issues I have never worked through before. It is exciting to actually see the walls I have built up over the years crumble down around me.
- I know I am gay and will continue to learn about what it means to be a gay man.
- I know that being gay is not dirty or lustful.
- I know that when you 'know more you love more'.
- I know that there are people in this world who love me because of the above.
- I know I have to trust my intuition and to always follow that.
- I know that the actions I have done in my past have caused harm to people I love.
- I know that it is important to feel and when feelings dissapear help is needed.
- I know that foregiveness is possible.
- I know to be vulnerable I have to be open and honest.
- I know that life is not always easy.
- I know that I have a story to tell and that there are people who need to hear it.
- I know that I will be okay.

No comments: