So I am hear to give an update on the New Years Resolutions...
1) Read at LEAST two books a month. If that means less t.v. and more reading then so be it. I will make it happen.
I am totally sucking at this one. I have started two books...but have yet to finish two books a month.
2) Become a vegetarian (still researching and thinking about this one)
um...so...I can say that I have become 'more' of a vegetarian, but I don't think I will ever FULLFLEDGE become one. I will probably just eat less meat and choose healthier options.
3) Blog more. Jamie and I have already made a pact to encourage each other.
yeah...no comment on this one.
4) Never Ever go into another Wal-mart again. Ever.
I am totally rocking on this one. Haven't even stepped foot in one!
5) Do some form of exercise at least 3 times a week.
blah. not very successful at this either. but I will get there.
So those are the NYR updates... here is a life update.
Jamie convinced me to give up something for lent. Neither one of us are catholic, but we decided to do it anyway. She gave up drinking alone (which she travels A LOT by herself, so drinking alone happens A LOT) and I decided to give up dessert. For two reasons 1) for Jesus (obviously..it is lent btw) and 2) because I had my annual blood work done at the dr and he said my glucose was high. A little piece of me actually died when I told her what I had chosen to give up for lent.
This started two weeks ago. I haven't had even a PIECE OF CANDY for two weeks. Not one piece.
Needless to say..I can not wait until Easter. I am promptly filling up Samuel's easter basket with extra stuff that I love.
But...the good thing about all of this is that I have consciously started to eat better. Less sugar/less fat/less bad carbs blah blah blah.