Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What a decade

Wow...It is hard to believe it is almost over...don't worry, I am not complaining. Not.One.Bit.

Over the last decade I have

- gotten married
- gotten divorced
- graduated college
- became a parent
- survived cancer
- built my families home
- sold my families home
- came out of the closet
- gotten laid off
- started over

I almost have no words, but at least I am still breathing...right? That is a lot to happen in just 10 years of a person's life.

But you know what? I don't regret any of it. Some has been great and some have been the hardest things I have ever had to overcome, but I am thankful for it all.

Was talking to my dear friend Amber tonight about sitting down and mapping out this next decade. I will be taking her up on that offer.

2010 - New directions...New Goals.

Sounds amazing.

6 comments:

Connie said...

That is a lot. And you survived.

If you wrote a book about it all I'd read it right up.

hello jamie: said...

will you please blog more in this decade?

ps> my word verification is TWUBBLE. like, "uh-oh, that boy is TWUBBLE." *snort*

Dannybrou said...

Connie - I should...maybe I will start one day.

jamie - that made me laugh

annalee said...

hi there,i saw on facebook that you blogged which instantly made me excited to have a new blog to read as i'm up in the middle of the night with our baby. i hope you don't mind, because i'm already hooked. you have a gift for writing. and i know we've only met once but that was enough for me to like you. and reading your thoughts confirmed it even more!

Dannybrou said...

annalee - I don't mind one bit! So glad you found it and that you are reading. I promise (new year's resolution) that I am going to blog more. :-)

Dave said...

I spent some time this morning reading your blog. I have never spent much time reading blogs, but my search on other gay dads brought me here. I am glad to see you are making progress on your journey. I was married for 16 years when I came out and I have a daughter who is 9. I guess I am hopeful to foster communication on many of the different subjects we may deal with such as gaining acceptance from your child, dealing with the ex-wife's issues, being able to look out for yourself while maintaining some sanity. I might be able to write a book also. LOL. In any event, just wanted to say hi.