Friday, June 20, 2008

Busy. Another word for Asshole

So. I have added the word 'busy' to my dislike list. I hate the word and I am going to do my best to refrain from using it.

But seriously...don't get me wrong. I do understand that we can be busy from time to time. What I am referring to is when people use this as an excuse on why they can't call you back, or why they can't hang out, or why they didn't email you back.

"I've been busy". Well..we are all busy.

This is what I request from all of you. That if we are talking and I can't think of a better excuse to why I didn't call/text/email/hangout that you call me out on it.

I will leave you with options that Jess and I were discussing.

- Unfortunately I wasn't able to manage my time accurately to call/email/text you back.
- I didn't feel like calling you back until now.
- I was really just avoiding your phone call/email/text.

3 comments:

J.L. Williams said...

Hallejuah! Preach it brother! I believe that we make time for what is important to us. Each person has moments to spare, it's just how you decide to spend them. You are greatness!

hello jamie: said...

um... are you talking to me? It's possible. I totally blew you off last night (sleeping) and the past few days... but honestly, I AM busy! I think I've worked 40 hours in the last 3 days! I'm sorry! I love you!! And I got you a plane ticket to San Francisco!!! That means you have to be nice to me. For 2 whole months.

love you!

Curlz said...

Was checking out your blog - your likes and dislikes. I love Blue Like Jazz and just received Velvet Elvis in the mail. I'm currently reading another by Don Miller: Searching For God Knows What.

Look forward to reading more of your blog ~ Curlz